Monday, July 16, 2007

when anchor wobbles, jump ship


when job becomes too emotional and life in the workplace becomes overly dramatic , it's time to start composing the inevitable "goodbye colleagues letter" a.k.a Resignation letter..

I was never a dramatic person (and never will i be)...many times, I've been interpreted by people as "no-feelings" person , we'll that might sound true but u know, i also feel but it's just that i don't like to feel strongly for situations or things or even some people..I have my reasons which i don't need to explain. I hate explaining and i hate confrontation...
Once a person enters in the vicious phase , that is "WORK", at first he/she becomes elated...work means money and money is equated to freedom but later will he/she knows that work is like a thick-metal prison...even Michael Scoffield couldn't break away....it becomes a suffocating force pulling you out of your bed in the middle of wonderful dream, suffocating force that keeps you standing even if every inch of your body is mad tired and wants to collapse, suffocating force squeezing your brain.....crazy!! Work is a complete arch-enemy of Freedom.. And sometimes if not always, a person deprived of freedom can be overly emotional and reactive. And hence, "the office" being packed of freedom-deprived earthlings becomes like a mine-filled land...people explode like bombs when provoked.
I had many people coming to me telling me how stressful their lives at work are..i've heard them all i guarantee you....from assholes bosses, torturing shifts, management conflicts, unfair salary distribution to office relations (illicit, illegal...whatever), skirt lengths , even stapler and bondpaper problems.... I had my share of work problems too... damn!how can they expect me to be master-adviser of the same problems i can't even start to solve my self...But i always have my one-liner which is like a mantra but is never followed... "Quit! Jump ship" ...hahahaha... go fish..
Many a times i told my self the same line but up til now am still sailing on the same ship.. Work for me has surpassed the level of just money, my work place is a community where people hang on each other for survival...One employee is like a nail keeping the ship glued; 1,2 or 5 rusted nails could pluck-out a wood causing water to enter, causing the ship to sink..
Mud-slinging, back-stabbing, power play are words I often hear from the vile-filled mouths of employees who have nothing to occupy their idle times with...If for some reasons, you feel injusticed by the way things are not turning towards you then by all means jump ship...you are keeping your workplace emotional and you are inflaming people..
If for any consolation be decent enough to respect the hands that feed your mouth.....

No comments: