Saturday, June 9, 2007

Tatay, My Super Hero


i remember vividly when i was 6 years old and my sister is 7... we were called by our father right after dinner to have an important talk... you know, we don't usually talk serious matters in the house, so when things like that happens we usually get nervous....

" okay..from now on, i want both of you to call me Tatay instead of Papa..." my father said..

" are we becoming poor?" i ask.... You see, some of our poor playmates call their father "tatay", while all our rich playmates call their father "Daddy or Papa" so i had this notion that the word tatay had that connotation... well, anyway ... we called my father "Tatay"... our elder siblings call him "Papa"....

- a father is a hero, for the constant unselfishness they had. My father had always been away while we are growing up, i remember it right , he was assigned to almost all parts and corners of the Philippines to set up systems and sometimes we don't see him for months but I always knew that my father is somewhere feeding his loneliness with the thought of giving good future to his family...


- a father is a safe refuge... When i was little up til now, I always feel safe when my father is around, he is like Batman who is always on the look out for bad elements...Even tired, he never complains of driving us around just to get us safe to where wanted to go..Even tired, he and mama never sleep waiting for us to safely arrived home..


- a father is a unique entertainer... Tatay had always been a serious person. Never smiled easily and don't talk much.. But my father had his ways of keeping us happy. He never failed to bring some goodies from work when i was little.. Tatay's arrival home has always been a race for us..always excited what he had for us... even if he has no money but we always had that special white rabbit as "pasalubong"...


-a father is an ATM machine forver...my father had been a very good provider... We never had much but we always had enough..I know how my father work his ass off just to send us to good school and provide us comfortable lives. Uptil now, i still bother asking my father some money specially when i run out of cash... hehehe..


- a father is a lightning when you seemed spaced out...i had made loads of blunders in my life.. and many times, i get spaced out, blinded by things ..i had a rebellious soul, so i do things without considering the consequence... so when i seemed to lost track, bang!!! my dad is like Zeus throwing angry lightnings at me!!
I am very proud of the man who became my father.. I had always been happy to be his daughter...I am happy for the things he had accomplished in his life and I will forever be grateful for this person who unconditionally loved his family..
To the man I love the most, to my Tatay!!
Happy Father's Day!!


No comments: