Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Nostalgia


rain always brings happy-sad feelings to me.. seems like all happy times i had during my childhood happened while it's raining.. playing syatong in the rain, playing tarzan- tarzan in the rain, usually we have this bagon which we use to cross to the other side of the lunangan (carabao pool). I was really disgusting back then, but basking in the cool rain with your friends is just amazingly fun! I remember how our older playmates bribed me and my sister to sneak out some cookies, rice, candies, tabliya etc.. and we cooked it under our friend's kamalig ...
the smell of rain also reminds me of my mama's delicious champorado which i never get to taste again since the word "high-blood" and "arthritis" came to our house... anyway, rain always brings me back to my mom's warm kitchen..

then came older years, rain always brings me feelings of abandonment.. it was raining when i had first cried over someone.. like a scene on a movie... but i had terrible pain that i later on discovered i actually made a "goodbye world letter"... hahaha.. they said that it's fine to make a heart cold but not frozen!

Then rain signifies sadness...
it was raining when a friend passed away... we were soaked, stifled and numbed knowing that a person so special chooses to die and fade.....it was hard a truth but many choose to die when it's cold..
No matter what, i love the rain it's the time where all frogs have the loudest croak! Mga baki! Let's celebrate our time has finally come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola mi amiga. I had this feeling why you like rain .... because you are a certified "RANA". hehehhehe :-)